5 winter yoga poses for Orlando Residents
The winter months (or just cold weather for us here in Florida) are notorious for colds and flus, so poses that open the chest, throat and sinuses will aid in improving congestion and supporting your respiratory organs. The following poses are metabolically invigorating and help to warm the kidneys and clear phlegm.
1. Sun Salutation (Surya Namaskara): This invigorating invocation to your yoga practice helps build heat in the body. Do up to 12 rounds.
2. Fish Pose (Matsyasana): This supine backbend/inversion opens the throat and chest. Do up to three sets.
3. Bow Pose (Dhanurasana): Open your chest with this backbend. Do up to three sets.
4. Shoulderstand (Salamba Sarvangasana): This supported inversion helps with stagnation of lymph. Do one time and hold for a minimum of 12 breaths.
5. Locust pose (Salabhasana): This “baby backbend” opens the chest while strengthening the back. Do up to three sets.
Inspirit – Orlando Yoga and Fitness Studio
The Perfect Place to visit for Yoga during cold weather | www.facebook.com/InspiritYogaAndFitness
7575 Kingspointe Pkwy Suite 21, Orlando, Florida 32819 | (407) 203-6866